Digital marketing is a constantly evolving field. Each day lot many discoveries and researches happen. Daily new things pop up and adds something new and exciting element to your existing digital marketing strategies. Evolution in digital marketing trends takes place like a wildfire that change the entire existing scenario into something completely different picture.
We are also a digital marketing agency based in Perth. And we are also not an exception here; we have to keep making changes in strategies to stay updated with the latest trends. In this article, let us focus on how changing and evolving digital marketing trends can have impact on the way social media works for search marketers.
Here we present the Top 5 digital marketing trends that will change social media:
1. Increasing fever of video content
Let us imagine an advertisement of garments, a plain textual format advertisement in newspaper and the same advertisement in the form of audio and video on television – which one will you like more? The answer is obvious – you will surely like and understand more the advertisement which is in audio-video format. Likewise, all brands are now focusing on video content. It is one of the most anticipated SEO trends for the year 2017 and beyond. This will also impact social media marketers and their strategies. There will be more focus on Instagram stories, Facebook LIVE, and Snapchat stories considering the importance of video content.
2. Booming mobile advertisements
The entire world is moving to mobile from desktop. Mobile devices are booming. All online businesses are taking care of responsive website designs that can be well operated from mobiles. According to Forbes, “the effectiveness of mobile video content and advertising is set to reach new heights in the year ahead—particularly now that mobile video is also rising up to take a central role in influencing and enhancing the purchasing process.”
3. Rising usage of mobile messaging apps
To grab the advantage of mobile marketing, marketers are taking huge benefits of mobile messaging apps. It being convenient to access from any place and at any time, there are higher chances of conversions. Mobile messaging apps like Facebook Messenger, WeChat, WhatsApp, Viber, and Google Hangouts are used by social media marketers these days. And, this usage is going to increase in the near future.
4. Changing market place for buyers – Social Media eCommerce
As mentioned in the above point, traditional market places are rapidly replaced by social media ecommerce and online sites. People have more preferences of online shopping or offline shopping. Even prior to making any purchase decision, most of the people prefer to surf online world (including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Google Plus) to check reviews and experiences shared by other users.
5. Others – Virtual reality, Short life Content, and Shift towards Instagram platform
Virtual reality (VR) paves new way for marketers. It allows experiencing and feeling a product/service, theme or scenario without any sort of direct physical impact. Online marketers can dig huge opportunities with the help of VR since it can improve consumer engagement experiences.
In addition, along with growing attraction of Snapchat stories, Facebook LIVE and Instagram stories, there will be a trend of short life content which will disappear after a certain time on achievement of its content marketing goal. Not just visual content, but it might also apply to textual content.
Last but not the least, an interesting shift has been experienced and that is a gradual switch from Snapchat platform to Instagram platform. This will also pushes major brands to shift their focus towards growing social media platform.
There are some interesting statistics fetched from most popular articles. Have a look at few eye-grabbing social media marketing statistics:
- A report on TechCrunch found that Snapchat Stories view counts dipped by 15-40 percent after Instagram Stories launched, and posting volume declined as well.
- As per Verge, there are approx 11,000 active Facebook Messenger Bots and over 300 million people actively use audio video calling features on Facebook Messenger.
- As per IAMwire, 31% of online shoppers responded they are using social media specifically to look for new products to purchase
- As per Shopify, an average of 85% of all orders from social media comes from Facebook
- WhatsApp has a 70% opening rate that implies you are almost guaranteed exposure of your message if your customer is in your WhatsApp list.
- 78% of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases. (Search Engine Land, 2014)
- 20% of search queries on Google’s mobile app and on Android devices are voice searches. (Search Engine Land, 2016)
- 72% of marketers say relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic. (Ascend2, 2015).
The entire above numbers cumulatively suggests that changing digital marketing trends are going to have thrilling impact on your social media marketing.